Pages

Monday 21 November 2011

The beginning


Everyone has a fatty of the group and yes it was me. However, at 5’0 I felt comfortable, code for in denial, weighing 62 kilograms although I knew I was a “little” overweight. Dancing from a young age, I assumed if I hadn’t grown thin I was genetically built to be bigger; surely a sufficient excuse. I worked out regularly and stayed clear of fast food but my body was content and my weight remained the same. 

I was the fittest of my friends, a qualified studio instructor, dancer / choreographer and the only one with a passion for the lifestyle. Over time, after a few too many surprised reactions at my occupation, I decided it was time to try a different approach and cracked on in this hunt to find a more satisfied self.

I swapped the fridge for a serving of internet raiding and attempted every diet I came across. If I wasn’t distracted by thoughts, smells, even sounds of food then my work patterns were making any efforts fail miserably; I also found it too complicated to monitor portion control by the size of my fist - they were far too small! Still tired and overweight, I left behind the battle of unsociable working hours and head to Thailand, as you do. 

With limited funds, joining health clubs and supermarket stocking was no longer an option. Holding back tears at the thought, I started running outside five times a week and fed on local street food throughout the day. After an eventful three months I had increased my running distance from 3k to 12k, added a few press ups and ab exercises, and the weight was shedding like a dog’s summer coat. I no longer had to grab a bite at any given chance and I had time between my last meal and bed, although I still hadn’t conquered the temptation for a 7/11 sweet treat little and too often!

Now stage one of sourcing the problem is complete, this is where the fun begins - let's start the next chapter!

No comments:

Post a Comment